Choose yourself a holiday with peace and quiet in the heart of the Wiltshire countryside with uninterrupted views of the Roundway Hills. Woods and walks are accessible from the property-direct. Several hundred acres of Forestry Commission amenity land in Pondmoor Woods. is within a pleasant 500m walk.
A visitors pack with lots of ideas and brochures for local visits is provided in all rooms and lodges, we include the Wiltshire Gardens brochure, our own booklet of driving tours and a booklet of local parish walks.
- Bowood House, gardens and large adventure playground (one mile)
- Longleat (20 miles)
- Wiltshire Downs (2 miles)
- Newly opened North Wiltshire Cycleway (1 mile)
- Bath (20 miles)
- Bristol Zoo
- Historic town of Devizes with its canal and locks
- Avebury (10 miles)
- Lacock historical National Trust Village and Abbey (5 miles) and many many others in Wiltshire and surrounding counties
The local Post Office and Village shops are within 1 mile. Wayside is part of a small hamlet situated in the heart of the Wiltshire countryside with its downs, Historic Houses and Ancient Sites like Stonehenge, (18 miles) Avebury and Old Sarum all within easy reach.
Within 30 minutes drive you can visit numerous stately homes, the roman city of Bath with its excellent shopping; Salisbury with its superb Cathedral; Marlborough with its famous school; the National Trust villages of Lacock and Castle Coombe and the fast growing commercial centre of Swindon. Fishing, walking, horse riding, golf and superb inns are all within a few minutes drive.